I'm neglecting the basics of self-care, but I just can't snap myself out of it.
Neglecting basic self-care.
- It takes all of my energy just to clean my teeth in the morning & before bed.
- I couldn't tell you the last time I wore make-up.
- Or did any kind of skin-care.
- I only wash my hair when it's absolutely necessary (i.e once a week. I just don't have the energy.)
- If I don't have any absolute plans, I can not get out of bed in the morning.
- I haven't tidied my room in weeks.
- Or opened the curtains.
- It takes me days to reply to text messages. Sometimes I just never do.
- I have 10 million things to do but haven't done any in forever.
- I get home from work and get straight into bed.
- The only meal I have is lunch. Other than that I'm currently surviving on coffee.
- I cry. A lot. Basically any time I'm not actively doing something.
But what about those days and weeks when you don't have the energy or the motivation to clean your teeth or brush your hair, never mind get yourself in a bubble bath or get yourself dressed to get to the shops.
This phase will pass, eventually. I know it will. I'm heading home for Christmas next weekend which will do me a world of good. I'll be out of London and back in my favourite place with my favourite people. I'll be back with my family who never fail to make me laugh and put a smile on my face. I'll be reunited with our dog, Jake, who makes the best therapist and is too bonkers to not make anyone smile.