Scouse, Manchester, Yorkshire - I never ever thought I'd miss hearing the Northern accent but oh my, I do. Now, whenever I hear one, it just makes me feel so homely and I love it.
2. Nobody mocking my own accent.
Speaking of accents, everyone seems to comment on my own now. When I'm in London, I'm 'so northern' but then I get home and apparently I'm getting more southern and I just can't win.
3. Being able to stand on either side of an escalator without being shouted at.
Also, what happened to the general life rule of 'keep to the left'. London, why are you so complicated?
4. Home Bargains.
Home Bargains is one of my favourite stores in the North, and you guys are 100% missing out down here.
5. The bap/barm/bun/teacake/muffin debate.
This used to divide the office at least once a week, but it doesn't seem to be an issue down here?
6. Renting a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, city centre flat in the North for the same monthly cost as a double room in the outskirts of London.
7. Not feeling the need to quite literally run everywhere.
Seriously guys, why can't you all just chill out for a sec?