A self-care checklist for 2017.
Every year, I head into January with the best of intentions. I do the most healthy of food shops, I get myself back to the gym, I try to drink more water and cut the caffeine, and I try to get that little bit more sleep. And, I think like most, this doesn't last the year. For me, I seem to have 3 month phases; I do really well for 3 months, and then I don't step foot near a gym and eat complete rubbish for the next 3. Until I feel so sluggish, tired, and fed up with bad skin that the cycle starts all over again.
But, this time, I thought I'd make a different kind of self-care checklist. I thought I'd create a list of things that I love, things that will cheer me up when I'm feeling sad. Things that will reduce an evening of anxiety. Things that will put me in a good mood and a positive mindset, whether they're actually healthy or not!
1. Listen to relaxing music with my candles lit.
2. Grab a coffee and go for a walk in the fresh air.
3. Treat myself to a fresh manicure.
4. Take the time to pamper myself a little & create a proper skin care routine.
5. Cosy up under my blankets with a good book.
6. Take a long, hot shower.
7. Read my favourite blogs with a cup of tea to hand.
8. Head to the shops and purchase something luxurious to treat myself.
9. Browse social media for hours without feeling guilty.
10. Grab my camera & simply explore the city that I live in.
11. Stretch in the morning.
12. Visit my favourite coffee house or lunch spot.
13. Watch an old, favourite film before bed.
14. Organise and declutter my flat.*
What would be on your self-care checklist?
*This one may be a little unconventional for some, but for me, it's totally therapeutic.